Data sharing agreements are contracts that govern the sharing of data between two entities. These entities may be divisions of the same company or distinct legal entities. Data sharing agreements cover a number of topics, including:
- A list of attributes being shared
- Contractual restrictions on data use
- Responsibility for data quality
- Acceptable use standards for the data being shared
- Restrictions on how data may be further propagated by downstream consumers
Sunil Soares is the Founder and Managing Partner of Information Asset, a consulting firm focused on Data Governance, Big Data Governance, and Enterprise Data Management. He is the author of several books, including Selling Information Governance to the Business, Big Data Governance, and Data Governance Tools. For more information, please visit www.information-asset.com.